Thursday, October 30, 2014


     Being an artist gives me the opportunity to go places that I’ve never been.  It’s a great feeling to be able to go to some part of the country I’ve never been before and not be a stranger.  Even if I’m not making sales, I can sit around at a slow show and make friends with the artists around me. It’s a great feeling to open a newspaper, or magazine and see your friends and their artwork in it.  I love looking at all the work of the artists I have met along the way on my own wall, or on the wall of some random restaurant or public space in some faraway place or close by.  It makes you feel like part of something much larger.  The best thing about being an artist and knowing other artists is that through the distribution of their art, the spirit of all these amazing people show up all over the place, and change your experience of the place you find it.  This weekend I will be in my hometown of Hoover, Alabama at the Moss Rock Festival, please come out and see us!  I'll be there with my friends Donna DiGiorgio, Jeff Wells & Pam Hamby, Gyl Turner, Chad Moore, David Nuttall and more!  November 1-2, 10 AM-5 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment